Search the forum,

Discuss Transit Wax in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Fitting polished porcelain 600x600s, a fair bit of wax on the surface, used Wexa at 1:10 dilution then dropped it down to roughly 1:4 & the wax is still clinging to the surface.
Took me about an hour to clean 2m2.
I've 150m2 to fit in the next couple of weeks, has anyone any tips to speed up the process of cleaning these tiles?
Was thinking of hiring an industrial floor cleaner/polisher.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428750513.082524.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428750522.915040.jpg

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

ok you have two choices here test the two

1 before tiling put dry grout powder on the surface of the tile and polish of with a soft cloth the grout powder will stick to the wax and pull it off leaving the tile clean

2 grout over a tile with wet grout sponge off leave to dry this will leave a film of dust on the tile polish off with a soft cloth this will tell you if its best to clean before or tile then grout and the waxs comes of after grouting with the dust

S

Stef

Cheers Ray, will try grout 1st & take it from there.
Just a thought, on the 1st option could you use a fine sand with a floor polisher then Hoover up?

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Cheers Ray, will try grout 1st & take it from there.
Just a thought, on the 1st option could you use a fine sand with a floor polisher then Hoover up?
no as the sand will mark the surface

S

Stef

Cheers again, kind of thought that would be the answer.
Not looking forward to cleaning up once the tiles are fitted. There's 165m2 sitting. [emoji27]

S

Sean SML Tiling

I probably would invest in a floor polisher and add the wax remover in with the water. Gonna be much quicker and cost effective for you

S

Stef

Floor buffer , eBay is your friend .. :smilewinkgrin:... Use a red pad and I prefer grimex..

How neat did you try the grimex Dave?
I didn't want to use the Wexa too neat but I'm back on the job tomorrow & will try & see what's going to work.

T

tubs

Be careful, the transit wax might also be on the edge of the tiles as well, grout doesn't stick too well to that !

Reply to Transit Wax in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen