Search the forum,

Discuss trammel a 90% line in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brundlefly

ok works suddenly gone slow again so im at the PDFs again

ive spent quite a few hours trying to explain this to new tilers ive worked with so i knocked up another PDF file

hope ive made it fairly easy to understand

if like me you dont use a square for setting out this will produce a 90% line for setting out floors using a piece of wood or dividers (like the big chalk board ones)

wp4f404814.jpg

PDFs

Using a Trammel

Marking tiles

hope its of use to someone

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brundlefly

keeps me occupied for 10 minutes ;) works just died, manchester is not a busy place at the moment

D

DHTiling

Chin up Dave...there seems to be few tilers finding it hard at the moment......

B

brundlefly

i had 2 sites mothballed just stopped everything and padlocked the gates
the domestic market seems to suffering as well, i think i need to broaded my skills im thinking of taking a NVQ plumbing course i know all trades are suffering but the more markets i can get into the better.. i dont know perhaps just have a few beers and think of something ;)

M

Mark B

what a great tip :thumbsup:

I'm sure I did this many years ago in Technical Drawing at school for finding mid points on lines but hadn't thought about using it for setting out a right angle. The 3-4-5 rule is something I have always remembered from then as well.:grin:

Mark

B

brundlefly

i think for spending a morning setting out big areas & droping lines everywhere , learning this stuff is a must

ive spent ages trying to google the old wooded chalk board compass they used many years ago at college but never found one, i could probably make one with some wood and a hinge but i want the old school type ones

Reply to trammel a 90% line in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen