Discuss Tool kits, then & now. in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

And so today?.......
along with all the usual hand tools we need like trowels and stuff, there's this
Respirator
Dust extraction
3.6m slide cutter
120mm slide cutter (on site)
Small slide cutter.
Heavy tile breaker
Really heavy tile breakers :D
Rail guided grinder
Array of grinders for grinding, cutting, and polishing.
Lifting system for large awkward and delicate pieces.
Along with mixing paddles
The list appears to be endless.
IMG_1721.JPG IMG_1705.JPG IMG_0993.JPG IMG_1527.JPG IMG_1549.JPG

Can you do without them?
Yeah course you can, there's always a way to get by.
Doing it day in, day out, it can make life a lot bloody simpler.
But hey!
It's just tiling eh! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I hate spending money on tools unless I need them...
I still use levels and straight edges instead of lasers
Still use a sponge, not a wash boy......or splash boy..... . ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If I needed it...... Then I would buy it.
I've managed 36 years without a laser so I don't need it......... Would it make my life easier?.......... Maybe, but to spend £200 to find out imo.... Is a waste of money.
That's just my opinion... :)

B

Blunt Tool

There have been a few things lately that have happened in my personal life that have made me try to change the way I work to make things that little bit easier. Simple things like the trolley dolly, blades for the grinder that cut faster so as not to spend so much time using it, all helps. This forum has been invaluable for me and to keep an open mind and to spend money wisely. Work smart aswell as hard.

O

Old Mod

blades for the grinder that cut faster so as not to spend so much time using it.

Tried a new Bosch blade from @Pro Tiler Tools this last couple of weeks.

And it's very rapid, cuts thin tile as fast as I can walk with it. Ok so it's not for finish cuts, well it doesn't seem to be at the moment.
Possibly still bedding in, although the concept of that I find irritating, but for hidden cuts around a floor and the like it's proving to be excellent.
If you don't hold your grinder true and straight tho, it will literally tear through.

Bosch Dry & Clean Cut Diamond Angle Grinder Blade 115mm 2608615076 | Buy Bosch Diamond Blades Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/bosch-diamond-blades/52435/bosch-dry-clean-cut-diamond-angle-grinder-blade-115mm-2608615076

I must admit tho, I'm always dubious about recommending blades, we all have different requirements and expectations, so it makes it a difficult task.

F

Flintstone

I don't use a laser either Andy. Take sigma cutters for example, I was due a new cutter as my rubi 600 was basically worn out, now I couldn't ever use a rubi again.

D

Dumbo

I don't use a laser either Andy. Take sigma cutters for example, I was due a new cutter as my rubi 600 was basically worn out, now I couldn't ever use a rubi again.
Laser level is probably one of best pieces of kit I have ever purchased . The amount of time it saves when setting out bathroom walls is loads . Also when pricing up floor work it is very easy to see how much the floor drops so you can calculate how much levelling comp you need . Also on some floors very easy to put in set screws prior to levelling to get a very flat floor . The more you have one the more uses you will find to improve your working practises.

Reply to Tool kits, then & now. in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks