Search the forum,

Discuss To prime or not to prime? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

bluped

-
Reaction score
Hello there... first post and all.

I've just had a kitchen extension finished by the builders and there's all sorts they gave me advice on but they argued amongst themselves on the primer.

The screed is set and has been for 2 months and I'm about to self level it with latex compound since there's a difference between the new floor and old kitchen floor. This will be primed before self levelling.

The next is to lay Durabase CI matting using the Ardex AF200 adhesive which I've bought but what I needed to know is if the self levelled floor needs to have another primer before laying the matting. This is where the builders argued and I can't seem to find anything online to clarify.

So the question is... do I prime over the new self levelled compound before sticking the matting down?

I'll be using 600x600 porcelain tiles over the matting as an FYI.

Any help would be great.

TIA

Reply to To prime or not to prime? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen