Discuss Tiny en-suite advice, in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rudy45

TF
Reaction score
I’ve just finished pitting hardie backer in our very small en-suite, having set the sink and toilet in to see how it looks it’s dreadfully smaller.

Your head is in the sink when sitting on the toilet, it’s that tight.

And it’s going to be worse once tiling is done.

Should I think about tiling around the vainity sink and toilet to save a bit of space.

W

Waluigi

I would say not!

WC’s and Vanity Basins should always go in after the tiling. Not only is it a better finish, you have to think if anything ever happened to the WC, the replacement wouldn’t fit properly due to variations in the firing process of the China. The only exception is with fully fitted furniture. Sometimes people like that to go in first.

Do you have any Photos? I design Bathrooms for a living so might be able to offer advise. Sometimes it’s possible to shuffle over the vanity unit if the pipe work allows it within the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What are the room dimensions?

D

Dumbo

I would say not!

WC’s and Vanity Basins should always go in after the tiling. Not only is it a better finish, you have to think if anything ever happened to the WC, the replacement wouldn’t fit properly due to variations in the firing process of the China. The only exception is with fully fitted furniture. Sometimes people like that to go in first.

Do you have any Photos? I design Bathrooms for a living so might be able to offer advise. Sometimes it’s possible to shuffle over the vanity unit if the pipe work allows it within the unit.
Stop bigging yourself up , you are a plumber who fits bathrooms

W

Waluigi

Sorry but I don’t want to get involved in petty arguments derailing threads so I’m bowing out as I’ve had a great day today so see no reason to spoil it :)

Rudy45

TF
Reaction score
Yes the toilet projection is 750mm so that’s gone. I’ve found a 600mm projection so going to install that.

I do think it’s better to tile first all over. But an argument I have for tiling after is the fact the tiles are split face, they are bumpy and uneven, is it a good idea to have a vanity sink up against tiles of this nature.

I’m not too sure what to do but at least new toilet will help somewhat.

Will post a few pictures and dimensions later

W

Waluigi

is it a good idea to have a vanity sink up against tiles of this nature.

It depends on the split face tile and potentially the vanity unit and whether it’s wall mounted or not.

If it is a wall mounted type then it might be difficult getting the unit to ‘hang’ properly and fixing the brackets could be a challenge. Even if it’s a floor standing unit, it might not sit well against the tiles. Probably not an ideal scenario putting the two together.

Reply to Tiny en-suite advice, in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks