Discuss Tiling to old cottage bathroom walls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its been patched, a few times, the bottom by the door is that dpm stuff with s & c render over but most other areas that are now blown are hard wall and skim so I was assuming the render had blown and it had Ben patched at a later date with the gypsum

L

LM

Pilot hole from the inside out, with tenderness, then a wet core drill from the outside in? Or bring a company in to do it. It is possible!

W

White Room

To the outside? They are 2 foot think flint walls, no hope of that without making a lots of mess on the outside

With old walls like that they would flint inside and outside then all broken pieces thrown in between the the walls.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Problem with core drilling in a flint wall is, you hit a flint it comes out whole and takes everything out with it. I'm in Hampshire, theres a reason we call the stuff Hampshire nugget's, it's everywhere and is a rubbish to work with lol. Cheers for the thought thou will run it past him, but tour right someone else will be coming out to drill the hole, then they can do the making good lol

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Right, went in to see this one and have a chat, he has decided he only wants half hieght round the room, so was thinking, d n d backer board to height then rile, no real issue? Only thing I couldn't think of was best way to finish the top? Would be too deep for a trim with the addition of the board, but not deep enough for a capping tile, he doesn't want a chamfered tile cut on top mitred at 45 to finish flat with top of tile and wall

Reply to Tiling to old cottage bathroom walls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks