Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over old terrazzo porch floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Coop5

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Literally just lifted the floor tiles of my porch floor (only about 2sqm 1920’s house) underneath is a kind of marble looking resin.

Google tells me this could be terrazzo!?

Anyway I need to level this and then tile.

Can anyone give me some advice here. Is it possible to level with a certain primer and leveller rather than digging it out ? Or possibly an adhesive and backer board approach ?

I do not want my new tiles to be popping off as they haven’t adhered properly.

Thanks all

Coop5

TF
Reaction score
Cheers mate,

Sbr down then 24hrs later I have used mapei self leveller.

Mixed to correct quantity and poured. Dried ok but now have hairline cracks in. Nothing appears to feel loose or hollow, can sbr this again and lay another 5mm or so ?

Cheers

D808D45E-6110-4C90-BEE1-E36665D172CC.jpeg

Reply to Tiling over old terrazzo porch floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen