Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on sand and cement in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H573

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m going to be Tiling a large floor and two small bathrooms.
Floor substrate is sand cement screed/ wall is sand cement render.
I can’t get primer here at all( I could get something like previously but not anymore).
I got told previously on here that sand/ cement doesn’t need priming.
So do I just brush/ vacuum etc then tile?
Or do I have to dampen the substrate first ( after cleaning) then tile?

J

J Sid

Got to be completely clean, so vac and I'd damped it a little as you go. Before you trowel out put some adhesive on floor and use the edge of trowel to spread and work into the floor to get a good key

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi.

As long as the surface is dust free and consolidated, then clean as you say and burn adhesive in before combing, thus creating a bond.

Out of interest how old is the screed and size of tiling field.

H573

TF
Reaction score
Hi.

As long as the surface is dust free and consolidated, then clean as you say and burn adhesive in before combing, thus creating a bond.

Out of interest how old is the screed and size of tiling field.
Thanks Dave,

Screed is about 6 months old. Total floor is 125m2.

Reply to Tiling on sand and cement in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen