Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on a floating chipboard floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

klunk

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm doing a small bathroom renovation for someone and the walls and floor are failing to bits with damp i can sort walls but the floor is chipboard which looks like its laid on 50m jablite its a flat in a old building floor proberly been there least 30 years, it looks like its all laid on top of a timber floor but i havent ripped it up all so hard to tell

Whats my best option for sorting this for tiling? any help apprecated

klunk

TF
Reaction score
Well i have done a lot reading tonight, im going try convince him not to have a tiled floor and if he insists ill replace the chipboard with 18mm ply and overboard with hardibacker , the room is only 6' x 6' and a small bit less than 3 x 3 feet

Reply to Tiling on a floating chipboard floor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen