Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling kitchen - painted surface, help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Ok , no need for primer then. Adhere to the drying times before grouting.
Hi. I'm taking the paint off still however I've had to pull off a stainless steel splashback(?) behind the hob. The adhesive from this has pulled off some of the plaster and some of the paper from the plasterboard. I don't want to replace the whole section so would it be ok to prime these bits with PVA or should I cut out the paper down to the plasterboard mortar and then prime?

I could ignore as the majority of the tile will be fixed to the plaster.

20200602_152611.jpg

20200602_152618.jpg

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi. I'm taking the paint off still however I've had to pull off a stainless steel splashback(?) behind the hob. The adhesive from this has pulled off some of the plaster and some of the paper from the plasterboard. I don't want to replace the whole section so would it be ok to prime these bits with PVA or should I cut out the paper down to the plasterboard mortar and then prime?

I could ignore as the majority of the tile will be fixed to the plaster.

View attachment 112649

View attachment 112650

don’t prime with pva , sbr or acrylic with suffice and use a patch up plaster and leave to dry

Reply to Tiling kitchen - painted surface, help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen