Search the forum,

Discuss tiling in internal corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

billy whizz

hi guys - im gonna tile inside our shower enclosure...how do set the tiles where the walls meet...?...i normally tile real close to the wall on one side and butt up the the tile from the other wall...then after when its done i try to get as much grout as i can into the internal corner..is that right ?

W

White Room

No, leave a gap of 2mm and don't grout use silicone to allow for any movement in the corners....

B

billy whizz

Don't grout the corners, silicone them:thumbsup:
hmm differing opinions...lol?..also since its inside the shower..i was gonna use mappie ultracolour adhesive which is water resistant...i was told to use the grout...i have a tube of dow corning 785..suppose to be good..

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Definitely don't use grout. Mapei do silicone to match most if not all of their grouts if you want the corners the same colour

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
just dont pick up the wrong one and use the pvc frame sealant which behaves and looks like white hubba bubba!

B

billy whizz

Definitely don't use grout. Mapei do silicone to match most if not all of their grouts if you want the corners the same colour
yes , since the 2mm grout lines are gonna be beige, like the rest of the bathroom whic is already done in beige, i would prefer if the silicone sealant was also beige, ill have alook for it..cheers guys, so sealnt it is..

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mapei Beige silicone is 'darkish' where as Jasmine is a lighter beige/ivory.

I silicone all internal corners in the bathroom including window reveals etc.

Customers always says "you've missed the grouting round the edges" lol.

Reply to tiling in internal corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen