Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Half a Wall Set out in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

DavieA

TF
Reaction score
Im tiling a bathroom, the woman wants the tiles going half way up the walls so what im wondering is the correct method still to have equal cuts on bottom and top then trim or start with a full tile at the top and work down so u only have a cut at the bottom??

All helps appreciated

Cheers Guys

D

DHTiling

Full tile at the top....Always....finishing with a cut tile with halfway tiling will look crap...........try to adjust the height of the finished tiling to get a nice sized cut at the floor / bath etc.........but not always possible.........:thumbsup:

F

Fekin

Yeah, I'd tile down from the max height they want it tiled to and have a cut tile at the floor.

E

Enzman

would that mean if you start from the top and work your way down. would you place your first tile on the top or would you run a batton on the bottom and start from ther only leaving the cuts on bottom when you remove the batton?

D

DHTiling

Drop your first row down to the floor, then each consecutive row work back up to the datum line from the bottom tile ......much easier.....:thumbsup:

B

bishbosh77

Hi Dave
I have always used batterns when tiling walls, it would as you say be much faster to tile without them. Do you draw the datum line all round the room? and how do you stop the tiles slipping as you work from the top down?

Cheers

D

DHTiling

Start with your first row from the line down to the floor.....then just work from the bottom up in consecutive rows.....one row at a time if you see what i mean.........
Easy once you have done it.......:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling Half a Wall Set out in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen