Search the forum,

Discuss tiling an access panel/ small cupboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

markypdisco

this is the best site for friendly advice, just wish i'd found it before i started my bathroom!:furious3:

anyway, i have boxed in a section of wall to hide the cistern, and need to have some kind of access to the pipework in the future. can i hang a small plywood door on kitchen cupboard hinges and tile over it? size no more than 300 * 600.

plumber said cut a bit of ply the same size as tile and screw it on but i dont like the sound of it!

any way the wife wants to store stuff in it!

thanks in advance for your replies, as i dont seem to be able to work out how to do it!
:clap:

D

DHTiling

By the time you put the toilet in and the pipes behind the boxing for waste and flush..i can't see what storage you will get or how you can hang a door .. with the toilet seat etc....can you put up a pic of the boxing.....so we know what size it is etc..

U

uug197h

If you are just boxing in the cistern you can put a removable lid on it

Attachments

• 00001010.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Image033.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by a moderator:
M

markypdisco

hi all.

there are some photos in my gallery, theyre too big to attach to this message
size wise one is 180*300 approx and the other at the end of the bath is 500*300 approx. need access and its a little bit more storage for the missus. if she'll fit!:lol:

thanks again

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
hi all.

there are some photos in my gallery, theyre too big to attach to this message
size wise one is 180*300 approx and the other at the end of the bath is 500*300 approx. need access and its a little bit more storage for the missus. if she'll fit!:lol:

thanks again

You can link to the photo's in the gallery.

M

markypdisco

how do i do that Dan?

non tile related I have a 40% off wine voucher for threshers off licence good till 9th december would it be of interest........!!

let me know i can email over

Reply to tiling an access panel/ small cupboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen