Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a concrete floor in a room that used to be outside in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spacey

Just make sure you apply the liquid dpm to the correct thickness or it will be ineffective.
If you get more coverage than it says, it's too thin.

Or this

Tilemaster liquid DPM

Haven't seen this before but I do use superflow30 I'll look into it

Most epoxy liquid dpms are applied with an A2 notch fan trowel and then rolled with a fine roller.
This thickness is measure in microns
It shouldn't be laid to thick either

Thank you all for your responses. I have now been to see this floor. It is basically a nice level slab. It has carpet tiles over it at the moment which the customer wants to be replaced with tiles. The carpet tiles are slightly damp underneath. I think the concrete will dry out when they are removed. No damp course under the slab but in no way could you consider it to be 'wet'. What do you think if I used a swimming pool type addy and grout?

I

Italy

full

full

I used it in this work.

Reply to Tiling a concrete floor in a room that used to be outside in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement