Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. ismoat Building Products

Discuss TilersForums.co.uk Now Using HTTPS in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Dan

Dan TilersForums.co.uk Est.2006 Staff Member NOT a Tiler

I just have a few more tweaks to do, but we're now running on HTTPS instead of HTTP. Which is more secure and prevents the likes of 'man in the middle' attacks when you're out and about browsing our forums.

Note that we also allow two-step verification for logging in too. So that you get notified if somebody else tries to login as you.

And we Google Web Services for our own in-house emails, rather than our own mail server. And we us Amazon Web Services for the forum auto-emails, rather than our own mail server. So that nobody can gain access via those either.

We use CloudFlare Web Protection services to route all traffic via to get checked before loading the website, which keeps the baddies away.

So all that combined makes us genuinely one of the most secure websites online. We pass with flying colours all tests I can find. :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

Thanks for that Dan I appreciate your efforts but I will be honest it's all Greek to me but thanks for doing your best to keep us safe .

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dan

Dan TilersForums.co.uk Est.2006 Staff Member NOT a Tiler

Basically, you don't need to worry when browsing our sites lol

The main thing is you all keep your devices up to date. Especially web browsers on computers and Android phones.

And disable or uninstall any plugins you don't use much or haven't used for ages.

There's no way to guarantee anything because of security issues called 'Zero-day vulnerabilities'. They're usually browser related issues that companies haven't yet secured. And often, didn't even know the security issue existed as nobody shared the intel with the makers.

But short of those, which nobody but the makers can fix, we're secure.

• Like Like x 2
  4. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

:clapping:

5. Dave

Dave Moderator Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Thatll help those pesky DDos'ers.

• Like Like x 1