Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Scraper in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

When a few of us were down at Rays last year doing the porcelthin course, @deanotile (I think!) pulled a scraper out of @GaryTheTiler 's tool box which was caked in adhesive and grout and we all had a laugh and agreed that, you aren't a tiler without one :tearsofjoy: Who else has one and just how minging is it! Mine is about 4 years old and is worn perfectly for getting into corners, like a well bedded in plasterers trowel!
image.jpeg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got one like that, take a pic tomorrow if I remember. ......like you said your not a tiler without one..lol

S

Spud

Mine are cleaner now days Bri , I lay all my tools I have used on my cutting table and make sure they are cleaned up these days

Ste-G

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I keep my tools clean, but I remember back in the 80's one lunchtime I thought I'd clean up the handle on the gauging trowel of the tiler I served my time with. It must have been 3 inches in diameter with dried adhesive. I was just giving the handle a finishing sand down and thinking how pleased he would be, when in he walks sees what I've done, clips me round the ear and then truly upset screams "it took me f...ing years to get it like that".

AMC

TF
Reaction score
When a few of us were down at Rays last year doing the porcelthin course, @deanotile (I think!) pulled a scraper out of @GaryTheTiler 's tool box which was caked in adhesive and grout and we all had a laugh and agreed that, you aren't a tiler without one :tearsofjoy: Who else has one and just how minging is it! Mine is about 4 years old and is worn perfectly for getting into corners, like a well bedded in plasterers trowel!
View attachment 77648
I've got more than 1 , I think they're all like that

Q

Qwerty

My 1 1/2" scraper is always with me too......if it's not in my pocket then it's right where I'm working.

Spot the scraper......
image.jpeg

K

Kia tiling

I've been using one of those decorators multi tools for years now. Purdey do a good quality one and you can get it from Screwfix. Wouldn't be without it...

O

Old Mod

Well these are my scrapers that I use everyday for one reason or another,
The one on the bottom of the pic tho...... That belonged to my mate @AliGage :) at Least I think so, it's the only place I could've picked it up, from memory!
Unfortunately my favourite one, the one at the top, got covered in 'black' a couple of months back, I was devastated at the mess it was left in! Haha
All of these scrapers are aged between 4 and 9 yrs old. (Dunno bout Ali's :D)
image.jpeg

Reply to Tilers Scraper in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks