Discuss Thoughts on tilers work? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey there

Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments.

I've got a tiler in atm who came recommended from a number of people, and lots of his previous work looks good.

Up until now I've had no cause for concern. However when I checked progress tonight I noticed a number of tiles that have chips on the edge. The location of the chips matches where the wedges were used, so I can only assume that the chips happened when the wedges were knocked off.

Is there any way of fixing this, other than replacing the affected tiles?

I haven't spoken to the tiler yet, but I will do when he's back tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Gavin

Attachments

• PXL_20231208_213827136.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 35
  • 1000152633.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 1000152637.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Shocking work not good enough not surprising you’re not happy with it.

To be honest it needs taking down and re doing by someone who knows what they are.

I always say if they can’t do it right the first time what makes them capable enough to make it better the second time?.

I’d not pay him and get someone better in sorry you’ve had such a bad tiler do your bathroom so many people out there who claim they can tile but can’t.

Reaction score
Joints don’t even line up and the space between the joints isn’t consistent either so I’d get rid of him before he ruins the rest of the room and costs you even more money.

Reply to Thoughts on tilers work? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks