Search the forum,

Discuss The worlds smallest tiling mistake in a bathroom tiling project. ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Worlds smallest mistake in a tiling project!

Still annoying tho.

Would have been 100% perfect too...

[video=youtube;MqNP1wTY2JU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqNP1wTY2JU[/video]

Never mind!

grrr.jpg

kit2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

Get the low watt bulbs m8. Can have them on all day and they won't get hot.

Yes have to agre the Energy Efficient LED bulbs are cooler but we have had 4 go bang. At £10 each (£40 quid so far) Its a lot of electric to use to play catchup. Because its a bedroom we dont have the lights on that much - obviously - so I dont think I could make up the electric.

In fact what I have done today is do another video with a bit more finger pointing at the snagging.

Some bits done well. Some bits could be done better. Here is the second video....

VIDEO: BATHROOM & LOFT CONVERSION RESULTS

[video=youtube_share;6FQE_skvzO0]http://youtu.be/6FQE_skvzO0[/video]

DSC_0008.jpg

Space before conversion.....

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Thanks for the tour Richard. It is a lovely loft conversion and the staircase is a lovely design (especially the small spindles by the window). A good use of space too. I’ve worked on en-suite bathrooms in loft conversions where the bathroom is nearly the same size as the bedroom (i.e. way too big). All you want is a small space to Shower, Shave and S#1t !!!! (pardon my French).

The hole for the rad pipe tbh I would have done the same. It’s right on the edge of the tile and it’s not worth using an expensive diamond drill bit. I am sure you will be using a chrome cover plate over the hole.

I would get that triangle cut changed, but the other dodgy cuts I would use a slightly thicker bead of silicone.

I agree with you that the feature wall in the shower looks a bit strange, maybe the tiler wanted to save you money by not using the same colour tile!

The thing is that when/if you come to sell your house nobody is going to spot those mistakes…….unless you sell it to a tiler!!!!

It does look like an expensive hotel room. I’m sure your Wife loves the extra space just as much as you do. Money well spent.

Q

Qwerty

Great space there, overall you must be really happy.

The rad pipe is unforgivable in my opinion. I will cut like that for pipes if that area is totally hidden (ie behind a semi pedestal basin or vanity unit) but that is very visible. 5 minutes to diamond core that is no effort at all. As Sean says though, some pipe covers should cover it.

Was there also a tile on the back toilet wall that was on portrait rather than landscape? (Bottom left tile). It could just be the lighting in the video but it very much looked that way!

Reply to The worlds smallest tiling mistake in a bathroom tiling project. ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement