Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking limits ......... in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Ive always used BS electrical IP ratings as a rough guide for tanking

Bath_zones_600pix.jpg

O

One Day

So joining the tta themselves is little more than fill in a form and pay fee? No actual qualifications etc?

To be fair, they did check on my references but only a couple of phone calls.
The TA is limited really by small membership numbers and potential numbers, as well as a severely short-sighted approach to individual tile fixers. The UK has a small number of tilers compared to the US, so we're never going to manage a "real" association with teeth that's fit for the needs of individual fixers.
In many ways, it is what it was always destined to become - a club for the industry big-wigs.
Loads of criticism gets heaped on the TA from fixers, including myself, and much of it is fair, measured and deserved.
Then again, I know many fixers who really benefit from membership, and for them, it works.

D

Dumbo

Do the tta not do a site visit of any kind?
If you take up the option if trying to get accreditation to get a certificate as to a level of competence you can do this through a citb recognised training partner which you can do by visiting the training provider or through osat ( on site assessment and training ) this will also have to backed up by photographic evidence of work you have done ( hopefully not someone else's . mind you if you use tj's jotm images they will probably just stick it in the post )

Reply to Tanking limits ......... in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays