Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking drying fast in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

reading that is does kind of suggest it's to tape joints of a board that doesn't need fully tanking! I'm not sure i would stick it straight onto plaster board

magga

TF
Reaction score
Yes, I've done that a couple of times. The bathroom I'm doing at the moment I've lipped it to the top of the bath, then do the tiling, then cut it with a sharp knife right up to edge of tiles, then silicone. It takes a bit of effort to pull it off, but that's a good thing I suppose!

F

Flintstone

I'm gonna have to get a roll, I have done the same thing but with the normal tape no self adhesive one, was a bit unsure if it would stick to the tray ot bath and not come off or leave some nasty residue.
Ive got one coming up in a week or two, to tank with the bath already in, Ile try it out. How much do you pay for a roll?

Reply to Tanking drying fast in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen