Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking drying fast in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I've only ever used tilemaster tanking kit so I can't comment on others but what I am finding it the paste dries so fast on the walls, when it comes to applying the corner tape, you need to really paste up the back of the tape or you have no chance. You can literally paste the whole wall with the roller, then it's dry within 1 min. Anyone else finding that? Yes i am priming the wall first

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I usually give the whole area one coat then use a brush to run the angles in a nice thick coat to bed the tape in and I use a plasterers twitcher (corner trowel) to get the tape in a nice tight corner then with the brush go over the tape to embed it then give the main area it's second coat but that's just me tho

F

Flintstone

Basically the same as I do that, even with applying it really thick with the brush it dries before I can get the tape on! I have to lay the tape on the floor and give it a good coat before putting it on the wall

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use tile master or mapei or even the ardex I like the ardex one as u can mix it up and apply it with a plasterers float which I'm pretty handy with the ardex feels the most heavy duty when it's all set and dry

F

Flintstone

Just use the Tilemaster self adhesive tape instead, it's great!

I asked about that the other day in the local place and they rang tilemaster for me, the outcome was its only just come out, and it's only made for taping corners when the boarded walls are already water 'proof ' such as, nmp, or hardie! Which aren't water proof really

magga

TF
Reaction score
That's odd, because the instructions don't mention this. I've used it a few times straight onto walls, and plasterboard, then just used the tanking paste on top. I'd be surprised if the result isn't waterproof. If you get it from emc tiles, it's a lot cheaper than that, and they deliver if you are not local to them.

https://www.emctiles.co.uk/pdf/Self_Adhesive_Tanking_Tape_Leaflet_120x120mm.pdf

Reply to Tanking drying fast in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen