Search the forum,

Discuss Tanked plywood and need to Marmox in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Please help - I put down plywood and tanked it with a Mapi tanking kit, I painted the liquid all over the floor. We then decided we'd put down a heat mat so we need to put down Marmox insulation tiles. I have the insulation all cut out and have started to screw it down - the screws (with large 36mm washers) are all spaced 30cm apart, so 12 mixing screws per mat. BUT when I now walk on the insulation mat it makes a noise between the Mepi layer and the mat. I'm worries when we tile on the insulating maps (with leveling compound on the mats) that the noise will remain. Will the weight of the adhesive and tiles compress the mats and the plywood to stop the movement noise?
Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:

Reply to Tanked plywood and need to Marmox in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen