Currently reading:
Start up tools

Search the forum,

Discuss Start up tools in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DP Tiling

There is a post in the tiling tools section of the forum. Click the column to sort by most viewed it's easily found. I reckon about a grand really.

Good manual cutter around 600mm capacity(sigma would be my recommendation)
Angles grinder with selection of quality blades
Mixer for adhesive grouts slc etc
Multi tool - invaluable for undercutting doorframes etc
Selection of trowels and floats, framing square, chalk line, other such hand tools.
A good set of levels.
Washboy.
There's loads of things you will eventually need but the above is worth prioritising.

Don't go too mental buying all the best brands straight away, but most of the above is worth getting quality because you use them on every job and it enables you to get a quality finish. With any new business, you have to watch the costs closely.

Reply to Start up tools in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement