Search the forum,

Discuss Speechless. Watch This! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
He's nearly there eh

You'd have to lift a tile to see if that didn't work because he did seem to push on quite a bit so those blobs could have joined on some tiles. I doubt all. He knows what he's doing I think because his set out there and working practice is bang on. It's just he could have done with skimming and buttering the tiles properly if he needed to bed them out.

Bad if he's not managing to get those blobs to meet because it doesn't seem a bad job other than that and the stone will definitely crack if you put any sudden point pressure where there is no adhesive.

Shame.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
He spent ages getting the adhesive right too. Could have just used a thicker trowel or just not scraped off so much. Or buttered the tile too.

Hoped it was going pop up with a message saying "don't do it this way" then redo the tile proper but it didn't lol

It did seem to ooze out quite a bit on the front edge but I doubt all the tiles would have done that and I doubt the back of that first tile had enough adhesive under it.

Proper shame.

S

StevieBoy

I agree with Bri, painful to watch indeed.

5 blobs on the back of those tiles is nowhere near enough, it would need either 9 or 12 depending on the size of tile so that when its laid you more or less get a solid bed underneath, especially with soft tiles like trav.

I'll bet he was a ground worker laying slabs before he did tiling.

N

Nuno

In my ignorance, why did he put the adhesive on the floor? Waste of adhesive!! ha ha ha

Reply to Speechless. Watch This! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen