Search the forum,

Discuss Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nicky G

the cutting in doesn't look good as previously stated. the unibond adhesive(from b and q?) is diy imo. If he didn't want to supply materials he should have given you a shopping list and advised you to go to a tile shop. as for tiles coming off the wall, my gues would be he hasn't primed them first. doesn't look like a pro tiler's work to me
Unfortunately I wasn't given a shopping list, I looked into it all myself. I went to B&Q & Topps Tiles. I did buy a primer as well but I've looked at all the materials & it looks like it hasn't been used. Does this mean there's a high risk other tiles will come down later? I'm so worried about this

W

WetSaw

Can you post a picture of the back of the tiles that have come off.

Try pulling off the tiles around the area where the others have fallen off. If they come off just pulling them they're not stuck properly.

N

Nicky G

Did u at any point watch him apply adhesive to the wall or tile?
Can u describe what he did?
To me those corner tiles look dot and dabbed!
I didn't see how he did it but here's a pic of one of the tiles that fell off when I wiped the walls down (as he asked me do for him) the next day

image.jpeg

N

Nicky G

Did u at any point watch him apply adhesive to the wall or tile?
Can u describe what he did?
To me those corner tiles look dot and dabbed!
I didn't see how he did it but here's a pic of one of the tiles that fell off when I wiped the walls down (as he asked me do for him) the next day
@Nicky G
remain seated.
or you can to fall. ;)
you have already paid?
No, I haven't paid yet

H

hmtiling

Unfortunately I wasn't given a shopping list, I looked into it all myself. I went to B&Q & Topps Tiles. I did buy a primer as well but I've looked at all the materials & it looks like it hasn't been used. Does this mean there's a high risk other tiles will come down later? I'm so worried about this
I'd put something in the bath to protect it and then try to lever a tile off next to one the gaps.
just typing that up

N

Nicky G

Try pulling off the tiles around the area where the others have fallen off. If they come off just pulling them they're not stuck properly.

image.jpeg

Reply to Sos! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen