Search the forum,

Discuss some questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

pipeline

evening all... i havn't posted on here for a while, but picked up some work with a bathroom fitter and it has got me thinking and ive got some questions..

question 1. can u use self leveling compound over plywood floor, i recently tiled my bathroom floor. by overboarding it first with 12mm ply and there was a slight bump in it. the bump was where the floor boards run over the joist,, but it was nothing u could noticed after being tiled.. so i thought maybe i could of used leveling compound first,, or should i of sanded the high spot out of the floor first?.. or doesnt it matter if there is a slight bump.

question 2. what is the differnce between rubi ts and ts plus. and which 1 is better

question 3. when going to a job and finding u are using large format tiles 600mm ect,, and the walls are sand and cement render,, and skimmed in gypsum.. how do u go about setting the room up so it conforms to weights and measures..

qestion 4.. can i use dri wall adhesive to fix aqua board.

thanks again... merry christmas

T

tfs

hi,

slc can go over ply just follow manufacturers instructions. make sure floor is solid with no deflection.

for 600mm tile you need a good flat surface to fix to.

rubi ts plus - I think it has a better breaking capacity .e.g harder tiles, I may be wrong. check out the rubi website

for weight restrictions check out the weight of the box of tile (most packaging has this) deduct this figure by the amount of tiles on the box. now workout how much tiles per squre mtr e.g. 5.5 for 300x600 tiles and multiply the figure by the weight per tile. No observe the adhesive coverage per bag of adhesive and you will get a rough idea of the weight used per sqm.

If in doubt alter, the substrate or advise different tiles, better than getting a call back to the job. :)

You probs could use drywall adhesive to fix aqua panel but it is always best to follow manufacturers instructions. You could fix battons to the existing wall too and screw aquapanel to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to some questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen