Discuss Some help please with sub standard fitting in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

montys

TF
Reaction score
Good afternoon

I am having some tiles fitted to our newly installed kitchen and am not happy with the finishing on the edges and corners. The tiler is coming back tomorrow to grout the tiles so I want to make sure I'm correct in my assumptions before I tell him. Ive attached photos and in my opinion his cutting & measuring of the corners is very poor (I recently fitted the skirting in our house so I'm aware of what a good mitre joint should look like). There is also a lip on the bottom of the window sill corner that doesn't need to be there if he had used extra adhesive and built it higher. I have attached some photos and would be really grateful of your expert opinion. Thanks

IMG_1341.jpg IMG_1342.jpg IMG_1343.jpg IMG_1344.jpg IMG_1345.jpg IMG_1346.jpg IMG_1347.jpg IMG_1348.jpg IMG_1349.jpg IMG_1350.jpg IMG_1351.jpg IMG_1352.jpg IMG_1353.jpg IMG_1354.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

Terrible!
Everything from the colour to the standard of work.
Dare you show a picture of any tiling as the piece visible is bent out by the trim.
CA6CD4E3-D34D-4E4C-823A-564831B39F86.png

montys

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for your swift reply. How can he rectify it? Am I right in assuming the tiles need to be pulled down? Thanks

G

GoneGuy

Terrible mitres, if he used tub adhesive it might still be wet enough to pull the trim out.

W

Waluigi

I would send him an email with those pictures and ask him if he expects you to pay for the work he has completed. Please be under no illusion that the work he has done is in any way, shape or form acceptable. At best It looks like a bad DIY job. At worst, well, I’ll keep that to myself.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That’s some terrible trim work!
Don’t want those sharp edges catching a bare arm even if they are plastic.
Got any pics of how it’s done Waluigi?

Reply to Some help please with sub standard fitting in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks