Search the forum,

Discuss Slow set adhesives in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevor1980

I normally would use a rapid set when tiling a floor but with how hot it's been lately I opted to use keraflex maxi which has 8 hour pot life and says is set to light foot traffic after 24 hours.. ... I found after I had spread the floor and bedded the tiles I couldn't move them after about 10 minutes and I was standing on them after about an hour and they didn't move...has anyone else found this with slower set adhesive? Because I'm considering using slow sets all the time now as I prefer the long bucket life and it seems to set fast after spreading anyway.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I wouldn't be standing on them
Although it will appear to go off quick it takes a full 24 hours to cure properly. .
Bet if you take a tile up after 3 hour the adhesive would scrape off a piece of cake.
By standing on them to soon you run the risk of brakeing the bond between the tile and the adhesive. .

Q

Qwerty

I normally would use a rapid set when tiling a floor but with how hot it's been lately I opted to use keraflex maxi which has 8 hour pot life and says is set to light foot traffic after 24 hours.. ... I found after I had spread the floor and bedded the tiles I couldn't move them after about 10 minutes and I was standing on them after about an hour and they didn't move...has anyone else found this with slower set adhesive? Because I'm considering using slow sets all the time now as I prefer the long bucket life and it seems to set fast after spreading anyway.

It sounds like they were ceramic. As Andy says, allow alot longer for them to set fully

Q

Qwerty

Yes. The polymers in keraflex maxi also create a high grab non slip characteristic. Couple that with your ceramic tiles and your tiles will soon appear set

T

trevor1980

shame there's not a rapidset adhesive with a long pot life...that would solve my problems

Reply to Slow set adhesives in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen