Currently reading:
Site work new build

Discuss Site work new build in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Thats the going rate at the moment in most places.
As the others say if you're quick and efficient you can make your money, you have no real hassles, no pricing at night, easier cash flow and your tax is paid.
But it will depend on the site you're on, i've worked on ones where they don't mind what time you finish, on those you can get your dosh, but if you're on one where you are moving around alot from plot to plot and then everyone goes home at 4.00 then it is harder.
Trouble is you don't know what each site is like till you get to them.
I've got back into commercial and after years of domestic it's all i've done over the last 4 months, and i really don't miss the hassle of domestic!

Just to add to Andy Allens good advice , if you're on the same site for say a week , it will also pay you to set the next days work out before leave site for the day . Also load it out with the tiles you need AND remove them from the boxes ready to use. Like Andy says it's the little things that make that kind of work doable.
I only started doing a bit of site work - for a change - back around '05 , there's good and bad , you'll soon find out who to avoid .

Diggy

Reply to Site work new build in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement