Search the forum,

Discuss Shower/ Wetroom waterproofing in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

..and probably the same as here, tiling is done before plastering ( if anything is plastered rather than rendered) so you're going straight on to block/brick. Very rare to find a house here with any plasterboard walls.

Reaction score
on 3 days a week the course should take 24 weeks ,but as you a maybe a gentleman of older yrs like myself, the college may only be able to offer you 18 weeks again it's how you apply yourself to the course ,put also remember like myself they only cover the basic to get you started on your journey into tiling.Another thing like PDC said to you half hour ago & you replied there could be an opening into the supply market for what you are about to embark on also Good luck

H573

TF
Reaction score
..and probably the same as here, tiling is done before plastering ( if anything is plastered rather than rendered) so you're going straight on to block/brick. Very rare to find a house here with any plasterboard walls.
Yep, same here. Plasterboard is available but no one uses it. And customers just won’t pay for it. They render everything internally and externally, and yes more often than not they tile straight onto block work.

I

Italy

Thanks for the reply, substrate is concrete on the floor. The walls are block covered with what they call plaster here but it’s just sand and cement. Some local products are tilefix, tuffstuff but it’s just adhesive and grout they sell. Can get some SA products, TAL, Progrip but not waterproofing kits etc just bonding agents, adhesive and grout.
It’s a single story property so ground floor, they don’t have timber floors here just a concrete foundation and they tile straight onto it, no primer or anything even on walls!!!
you don't need primer if it's all sand and cement.

H573

TF
Reaction score
on 3 days a week the course should take 24 weeks ,but as you a maybe a gentleman of older yrs like myself, the college may only be able to offer you 18 weeks again it's how you apply yourself to the course ,put also remember like myself they only cover the basic to get you started on your journey into tiling.Another thing like PDC said to you half hour ago & you replied there could be an opening into the supply market for what you are about to embark on also Good luck
Thanks Andy. Take care mate

I

Italy

Hi Antonio,

I know this is from a long time ago.
I can’t get primer, my substrate is just sand and cement. Do I just brush/ vacuum then tile. Or do I have to dampen the sand and cement first then tile?
you can also moisten ...

Reply to Shower/ Wetroom waterproofing in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen