Search the forum,

Discuss shower tray plinth advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,
just after a quick bit of advice.
I am planning to install a shower tray onto a tiled plinth in similar way to the image attached.
i haven't bought the tiles yet but i am about to build the plinth.
Question:Should i avoid strips of tile less than a certain width on the top edge?
I don't know if i will mitre the edges or use trim so i will take that into account.

Ant learned advice appreciated.

Regards
Neil davenport

plinth.jpg

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would say copy what you have posted if that what you really want bear in mind that you will have no access to the drainage once completed ?? a 25mm cut strip for the top edge , mitering hmmm bit of a risk on the old tootsies if you should slip mitred edges are quite Sharpe , trim it and water may find a way of getting behind the tile a few things to think about . Cheers kop

O

Old Mod

You could look around for a tile with a rounded edge if the plinth is going to be larger than the tray.
They do still exist.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thank you for the helpful responses. Given me things to think about.
The reason for making plinth slightly larger than tray is it's in a shower/utility room and may be vulnerable to knocks/careless impacts and i'd rather have a damaged tile than a damaged tray if that makes any sense.
Anyway thank you again for the responses.

Cheers

Neil

Reply to shower tray plinth advice in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen