Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the Tiling Work Showcase Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Edit May 2024: THIS is a New Show Us Your Work Thread for 2024 Onwards

This is the new Tilers Showcase Forum where we want new tiling work added, with each tiling job you complete having a thread of its own so people can see what kind of work you do, and potential customers can find your work

I thought it was about time we had a thread dedicated to all members of Tilers forums to show us any work that they do.

Be it from installing a kitchen to garden decking. Show us your work! Get those pictures taken, but then do something with them! Actually add them to a thread and some facebook groups with your website link in them etc and it'll help spread the tile love. :)

If you have done a job then please do share it with us.

Pics are a MUST as what is the point of sharing a job without them..:smilewinkgrin:.

So if you do a job and you take a few pics then please do share it with us.

Lets make it a big thread for all to view and input in.

Thanks Dave ..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ScottG13

I did a kitchen/dining room for a mate on saturday with 330 x 330 ceramics
in almost unbearable heat. Hard to work in them temperatures and made using rapid set interesting. :sunny:

work031.jpg

work027.jpg

work026.jpg

M

Mike

I thought it was about time we had a thread dedicated to all members of Tilers forums.co.uk to show us any work that they do.
Be it from installing a kitchen to garden decking.
If you have done a job then please do share it with us.
Pics are a MUST as what is the point of sharing a job without them..:smilewinkgrin:.
So if you do a job and you take a few pics then please do share it with us.
Lets make it a big thread for all to view and input in.
Thanks Dave ( Admin)..:thumbsup::thumbsup:
here's a large floor i recently done. 600 x 300 ceramics (hardest ones i've ever cut) about 70/80 square metres plus the walls

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pebbs

This one is a works in progress, I will take more photos next week towards the end of it being laid. I did the original design in diff coloured marbles and then the interior 'designer' talked the client into changing them to these. Colourwise I am very disappointed with the changes, but if thats what they wanted, then thats what they got. Never mind you cant have everything, I had a great day today, it was good to be back out on site working things through with the boys. We had a nightmare when the closure stone went in because the joints had to be adjusted again. No rapid set on this one!

Pebbs

CHT5.jpg 2010 242.jpg CHT7.jpg

S

stu-180

This one is a works in progress, I will take more photos next week towards the end of it being laid. I did the original design in diff coloured marbles and then the interior 'designer' talked the client into changing them to these. Colourwise I am very disappointed with the changes, but if thats what they wanted, then thats what they got. Never mind you cant have everything, I had a great day today, it was good to be back out on site working things through with the boys. We had a nightmare when the closure stone went in because the joints had to be adjusted again. No rapid set on this one!

Pebbs

WOW, that is some fine work there !

How on earth does this come together ?
Do you have to have all the pieces specially made ??

Have seen this type of work in fancy hotels and always wondered how they go about having it created.

R

Richard Edwards

These are my work in progress photos, The total area is 100m2 broken into 4 bays. I had the first area dry laid, which is a good job because as it turns out there has been a load of cutting to do. Anyway were getting there now. I will post more when we are getting towards the end of this corridor?!

Pebbs

Now thats a bit special - I presumme its a public area ?

P

Pebbs

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I started working out this floor about 14 months ago, at that time I thought we were running with white, black, red and dark green. Then the client got his mind changed by the 'interior designer' and it resulted in these colour ways. Originally it was going to be fabricated in Italy, and then it got moved to China... :)mad2: I dont like Chinese production), but it was 65% cheaper than the Italian quote. Heres the sad bit, a lot of the marble was shipped from Italy in slab to China and then fabricated, this world has gone crazy. It was dry laid over there before being shipped, and what the photo doesnt show is the mistakes they have made. I was going through some of the pieces yesterday and noticed a lot of it had been rodded, which basically means something has broken along the way and its been pieced back together.
You have to ditra mat, and the substrate has to be as flat as a pancake or your looking at a disaster in the face. No one will ever see this floor, except the client and his family once its finished its private residential, everything in it is marble, including the 22 bathrooms! Thats life I guess!

Pebbs

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Really outstanding work on here. It's nice to see some passionate tiling going on! A hard act to follow but i tiled what i think is an unusual shower tray this week and thought i would share it with you all. The jury is still out on whether its just a bit wierd, but let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Unusual shower tray.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the Tiling Work Showcase Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
I spend some time in doorways. TJ's Doorway Mosaics for McKenzie Shop Front
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
Join The Tile Association and Get Noticed Some time ago joining The Tile Association may have got your tile business noticed, but it wouldn’t have helped your website much, as the Tiles.org.uk...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement