Search the forum,

Discuss Self level or not? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm doing a bathroom floor over existing floorboards. I'm also adding a 1.5 sq m electric heating mat before tiling with 30 x 30 granite tiles. I'm applying thermal board which I'm sticking with adhesive. Been told don't need screws or tape as adhesive will do. My dilemma is whether I then self level or just tile directly onto the matting? If I don't level think I will struggle with my levels across the floor. If I do use self leveller first, how do I make sure it doesn't flow through the holes left accessible for pipework coming out of the floor? Should I batten small areas around ? I've used self leveller before but only on ground floor solid floors
Any advice thoroughly welcome. Thanks,
Nick

Reply to Self level or not? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen