Search the forum,

Discuss sealing matt porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi all,i posted bout this last week,im starting a matt porcelain job tomorow and i was going to seal them 1st.

however when i asked for sealer to be delivered the shop have told me they do not get sealed,they claim they have spoken to the rep and supplier and can confirm under no circumstances apply any sealers?

slightly confused to be honest as i dont want to apply sealer and risk ruining the tile,im grouting with mapei glitter grouts so its important i get this right,,hopefully some of the big guns on here can help me out with advice:thumbsup:

J

jay

kilty have you got one of the tiles in question if so try a waterbased kids texta (yes kids texta) put a mark on the tile leave for about 5 minutes then try to remove mark it should wipe of on your thumb if not seal with an impregnator try it let us know how you go

i might get some stick out of this but it works

if light color tile use blue or red texta

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

textas.jpg
texta_pack.jpg
the only way i can describe them

there good for tile marking (to cut) not good on polished porc dont wipe off

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Just finished a 60m2 floor in mat porc with a guy a was helping out, nothing touched these tiles inthe way of stain, not grout, adhesive, pens or pencils of any kind, he was going to seal anyway for the grout but I did say that the tile might not take the sealer ???

R

Richard Edwards

Some porcelain tiles are glazed and some are polished and as far as I know thats the limit of the variance. Those that are polished are porous with mirco fissures / holes that will need sealing and some porcelain are glazed and these do not. - If the tiles come from a quality manufactuer then they will have instructions with them.

D

DHTiling

Also through bodied pressed tiles need sealing... have you got a link or pic of one jamie..?

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Atlas Concorde Milestone Matt 24 x 24 Cliff Style Tile & Stone at FastFloors.com

Reply to sealing matt porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen