Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sauna floor adhesive and grout - Help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tony Cooper

Hello all,

I'm after some advice from the more experienced out there!

I've been asked to tender for my first commercial job, it's to replace a 10m2 floor in a fire damaged Sauna using 200 x 200 porcelain tiles and the same area for the steam room next door. I've had conflicting advice from two different tilers, one said I'd need an Epoxy based grout and a tanking system. The other said he wouldn't use Epoxy, or a tanking system as Bal Microflex would suffice. Both said I'd need flexi adhesive. There's also some patchworks to do on the exterior walls aswell.

What would you recommend in this situation?

Thanks very much for your advice,

Tony

Reaction score
hi tony,deffo use a cement based flexible adhesive, and i would use a tanking system, especially if its on the first floor of the building,and grouting with cement based, unless its specified epoxy :thumbsup:

Reaction score
hi tony,deffo use a cement based flexible adhesive, and i would use a tanking system, especially if its on the first floor of the building,and grouting with cement based, unless its specified epoxy :thumbsup:

good advice from the main man for this type of work

T

Tony Cooper

Thanks for the replies fellas.
Some good advice there that I'll take on board.
Cheers,
Tony

Reply to Sauna floor adhesive and grout - Help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks