Search the forum,

Discuss Sanding emulsion painted walls - nasty in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Just finished a tiling job this week - part of it invloved sanding 12 sq m of emulsion painted walls prior to tile fixing. Never again. It was horrible dusty, nasty work. The dust managed to get in through my goggles and in through the sides of my dust mask. Kept having to stop and let the dust settle so I could see what I was doing. This was despite having a vaccum atatchement on my sander. Will put these jobs in the same category as re-grouts in future :icon8:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Heat gun takes forever as well, only good for gloss on wood. Best option is as above get the punter to do it or only do it if your desperate for the cash.

T

tjsmiler

Situations like that i always tell the customer that i can di it and am happy to do it for them but it will cost them, and because i am such a nice guy i think it only fair to reccomend you do it yourself as you will save a lot of money. Seems to always work for me

He he

P

Paul Sh

Just finished a tiling job this week - part of it invloved sanding 12 sq m of emulsion painted walls prior to tile fixing. Never again. It was horrible dusty, nasty work. The dust managed to get in through my goggles and in through the sides of my dust mask. Kept having to stop and let the dust settle so I could see what I was doing. This was despite having a vaccum atatchement on my sander. Will put these jobs in the same category as re-grouts in future :icon8:
What type of sander did you use.

G

GazTech

Surely a steam stripper does it ! am I completly wrong or what?emulsion is water based ,steam will kill it dust free

Reply to Sanding emulsion painted walls - nasty in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen