Currently reading:
Rubbish Removal

Search the forum,

Discuss Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Yep I tell them I'm not licensed but I'll arrange removal if they wish.
Did it with Porcel Job tho, cos the prep was down to original builder I put it on their bill, made client happy!
But what I did was buy the 4.5yd hippo bag, took the clients rubbish, that filled one corner.
It's now on my drive waiting for me to put the other 4yds out of my garden in it!
Thank u kind sir!
It was my tip from the builder for correcting his work!:D:rolleyes:

O

One Day

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Only if I hire a skip, otherwise they get rid of it. I always ask if they want to pay for a skip. If its only a small job I always bag waste and leave it outside for them to take to tip.

You got an issue Andy?
Might loose a job because I can't (or rather won't ) remove the waste......got to rip out a shower area that's been leaking, not my job btw, so about 7 m2 of tiles all the plaster board shower door ect so not a small amount.
It's a nightmare going to the local tip, vans have to be booked in to go there, told him I can bag it all up for him to take f.o.c , or he can get a skip and we can chuck it in there......but he's adamant my price should include the waste removal. ....which it doesn't state anywhere on my quote it dose..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
If I supply materials I will take the waste away(tiles,P.B.,timber,adhesive etc)
But if the customer supplies just the tiles I will have all the offcuts tidied up into an empty adh bag and put by their bin or edge of the property.
What's the difference. ? ....Once you have been paid they have paid for the tiles as well....

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Might loose a job because I can't (or rather won't ) remove the waste......got to rip out a shower area that's been leaking, not my job btw, so about 7 m2 of tiles all the plaster board shower door ect so not a small amount.
It's a nightmare going to the local tip, vans have to be booked in to go there, told him I can bag it all up for him to take f.o.c , or he can get a skip and we can chuck it in there......but he's adamant my price should include the waste removal. ....which it doesn't state anywhere on my quote it dose..

Well if he's adamant that you should get rid of it, requote with the cost of removal on. If it's coming out of his house, it's his rubbish. Just tell him you're not a licensed waste carrier so you can't get rid, only by a skip. I did one for a customer a few weeks ago, he told me he would get rid of rubbish, till he saw how much there was. I then organised a drop and fill from a company, 2yd skip, 10 mins to fill after its all bagged up and it was £90

B

bcd-87

mines in my T&Cs mate, i bag it and will place it where ever they want but thats it

I

Ian

O

Old Mod

Exactly mate....got no problem getting a skip or a hippo as long as he pays for it. ....but he seems to think my price should automatically of included waste removal. ...lol
Well u can't automatically include something you're not licensed for, now can u!
But I always state, Removal of waste not included but can be arranged!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
No ,not allowed on the tip in a van,and at the end of the day who's rubbish is it anyway, i have had customers say to me are you taking your rubbish with you

Thats exactly right - since when did you become the owner of rubbish from their house

J

J Sid

I've just done a dummy fill out of the form and it wanted £154, I'd assume that that's because of plasterboard and other building waste. 99% of jobs I'm on now have a skip so it's not something I need really.
Are you a limited company? If yes that's why you pay I believe.
I am sure you need this license to transport any waste, even if it's from materials you have supplied.

O

One Day

Are you a limited company? If yes that's why you pay I believe.
I am sure you need this license to transport any waste, even if it's from materials you have supplied.

We have to pay for inert waste disposal now - domestic or otherwise. And we can only get 12 bags per year.
So you pay your council tax and now because all services are privatised they want more profit.
Hence the "environmental surcharges" - to save some polar bears.

Reply to Rubbish Removal in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

There is some stain/marking on the mosaic tiles in my living room. These stains are more visible when seen under light reflection. The floor does not look good at all with these stains, and we...
Replies
Views
A very soggy Rishi announced a general election to be held on the 4th July. I was loving the guy playing things can only get better... I was expecting the cops to rugby tackle him but they didn't...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement