Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Squaredged tile-trim. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cut from the top like Bob said. Don't need to prising anything out

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
How's about buy more trim, a nice border tile and make a nice feature of it.
I done it in my bathroom with a vertical feature tile and metal trims separating feature tile from the rest.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think go with the angle grinder,angled at approximately 45 degrees aiming for back (wall edge of trim) , and finish into corners, with multi tool with metal cutter blade, or dremel with cutting disc. - if you have one.

Cheers.

J

JerryB

I think the last post is saying cut through the base of the metal trim from the untiled side - sounds like a good idea. But still leaves the cut metal bonded to the tile edge. I'd cut a slit through this adhesive with a dremel type tool with thin diamond blade (got a set of these for £7 recently).

Reply to Removing Squaredged tile-trim. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen