Search the forum,

Discuss regrout job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

evening all, been to see a job for friend ot the family today.
2 bathrooms both bumpy whites with borders,been in around 7 years and needing to be re grouted with white grout,,also silicone is about an inch thick round bath etc and needs replacing,

total sq meterage 44 sq metres i was thinkin g maybe 4 days to do the lot but havent done many large re grouting jobs whats your thoughts on this?
I would double that, bet that takes you 8 days, i have done a few regrouts and they take ages even with a fein. Its a day rate job dont price it you will loose out.:thumbsup:

S

simhopper

Fein with thin disc

Should have that ground out in a day, We did a 20sqm bathroom recently where the customer changed her mind on grout colour on similar sized times, Ground out by dinnertime,Cleaned and re-grouted by the end of the day

Used a bosch and sent it back, Fein all the way.If you need a lend of one drop me a PM

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fein with thin disc

Should have that ground out in a day, We did a 20sqm bathroom recently where the customer changed her mind on grout colour on similar sized times, Ground out by dinnertime,Cleaned and re-grouted by the end of the day

Used a bosch and sent it back, Fein all the way.If you need a lend of one drop me a PM

thats a very kind offer mate,i will let you know if i land the job ,thanks

S

simhopper

How old was the grout though Sim?

Approx 4 weeks, Was ultracolour in Caramel, Ground out atleast 5mm depth, Horrible job but dust mask on and get on with it

Tried 5mins with a grout rake and gave up! Bought mine from tiletrader and has become a tool i use everyday, Perfect for cutting architraves, Cleaning joints before grout, grinding minor lipage on travertine, Polishing edges on porcelain, Sanding window frames....Probably the best tooll i have bought in 2009

S

simhopper

8x8

tiles where wavey edged but the thin fein discs bend to suit the tile profile without chipping

C

Colour Republic

Ahhh anybody can do 20sqm of 8ft x 8ft tiles:lol:.

That is some going mate and with wavey edge too:thumbsup:

Reply to regrout job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen