Search the forum,

Discuss Reducing floor thickness with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nell

We are doing 2 upstairs bathrooms, the 1st has been completed with 15mm WBF ply on top of the floor boards (screwed at frequent intervals) then a layer of latex self leveling compound with the heating mats embedded and finally the flex adhesive and the tiles.
The only problem is that the floor has been raised by nearly 2 inches.

In order to reduce the increase in the floor height on the 2nd bathroom the Plummer suggested removing the floor boards and fitting 19mm “green” loftboard (with glue and frequent screws), then a waterproof membrane, and then either latex self leveling compound or flex tile adhesive to embed the heating mats.

Most of the posts I can find on the web suggest ply on top of floor boards, no mention of removing the floor boards.

I am concerned that even with the layer of level leveling compound that the floor may still flex and crack the tiles.

Our local tile store says it should be fine.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just bumping some threads in the underfloor heating forum. You can now find and search for both electric underfloor heating and water underfloor heating threads. By the way, if you feel some of the threads you want to be seen at the top of the forum need to be bumped back, for the next month or so from now, feel free to do that. Although it's not usually something we allow, whilst we're going through this process of changing over forum software, we see the need for this to happen.

Reply to Reducing floor thickness with UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.