Search the forum,

Discuss Reasonable Price? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys, now I've never had any tiling done so don't really know what is a good price and what isn't.

I've just had a quote for my kitchen (approx 12m2) for floor to be levelled and 600x600 Quartz tiles to be laid (supplied by me) £*** all in - levelling and tiled. This - by the quote - would be done over a total of 4 days, a day to level then booked in for 3 days for tiling/grouting. Does that sound reasonable to you guys?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

It may be done over 4 days but it's not 4 days work!
Based on a price per metre it's a good 2 day job - half day levelling, day to tile, half day to grout, so it's over 3 days and with other costings ( estimating time, business overheads) etc. you may well pay for 4 days.
Sometimes smaller domestic contracts seem expensive; although we don't know how much this job is, because there are more issues to consider in a costing - it's taking me 90 minutes to drive 16 miles into London and then £30 to park!
I'd read some of the posts on Quartz tiles on here and see if UFH or adhesive type is an issue you discussed with your tiler.
If your unsure get other quotes, ask to see a portfolio of previous work and continue your research. You can PM any of the members on here local to you for a price.

J

Just Rizzle

4 days to lay 12 mtrs 2 days max for me .could even do in a day with the right materials ie level 30 by tilemaster sets in 30 mins 1 hr to tile on

Reply to Reasonable Price? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen