Search the forum,

Discuss Re-fixing stone in Swimming Pool whilst its still full. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

We have some stone that needs to be re-fixed into a swimming pool, due to some adjustment the architect has decided on doing. Problem is half the stone is above the water level and the half of it is below. Is there an adhesive that can be used under the water line?

Im a bit stumped, I like a challenge though.

Regards

Lynn

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
A quick Google throws up some 'interesting' results. 1 being

Under water glue..................... what else would it be ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I use CT1, it's available in Ridgeons and they say it can be applied underwater. In the blurb there is a photo of someone sticking a couple of bricks together whilst they are both underwater. Comes in all the usual colours.
Silicone Sealants, Adhesive Glue, Bonding & Remove Silicone Sealant - Ct1 Ltd

Do your guys get company issue Speedo's then for this sort of job? :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
G

Gall.B

There is a few guys in the Uk that do under water repairs (they have diving certificates and al the gear) they charge an absolute arm and a leg tho, but is still cheaper and quicker than emptying the pool! not 100% on the addy used, but the romans had rapid setting cement that set under water, think volcanic ash was the key ingredient. so I dont think its a big deal a good rep will sort you out.

Reaction score
The mix used by the Romans was called Pozzolan, volcanic rock ground up and mixed with lime. Over in Britain they used an 'articificial' Pozzolan where they used ground up pottery and waste from the inside of a furnace mixed with lime. You can still get both types of Pozzolan now but I think it's used more in restoration work on the old type of timber framed buildings.
I'd be interested to know what the diving guys use now.

A

Aston

this should get you in the mood..

[video=youtube;uAzoY974P9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzoY974P9g[/video]

W

White Room

If all else fails theres this
others-284.GIF

Reply to Re-fixing stone in Swimming Pool whilst its still full. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen