Search the forum,

Discuss Re-doing Dodgy Cowboy Work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Depends on tile size, but personally would centre with the window.

Would rather see a soldered fitting in behind the boarding . Compression is looking fir future probs!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Would rather see a soldered fitting in behind the boarding . Compression is looking fir future probs!

Me too.
State and position of pipe and constant water weeping meant only way to avoid comp fitting was to rip out units and worktops that had been put in a fortnight ago next door in the utility room.
So although I agree it's better to solder a joint or have no joint at all I don't subscribe to the idea that all comp fittings are a ticking time bomb. If there is to be no movement in the pipe, you use a good make, jointing compound on the bevels and fit and tighten correctly then a comp fittings won't suddenly develop a leak.
Iso valves on the other hand are a real no no because they have an O ring that WILL perish one day.

I

Italy

View attachment 79423

View attachment 79424

The gaps between pb and reveals was intentional Need to clad the timber and cove the voids from packing out around window with cement board and all should be good.

Question - would you guys centre the wall or window? (normally I'd centre the window as it's a feature) but I'm thinking wall in this case as the window isn't central and nor is the toilet and the tiles are 30x900s and the wall s about 970mm.
put vertically ;)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorted the wood and gaps in the reveals and boarded sill.
Levelled and tiled the floor.
20160114_164741.jpg
20160114_164753.jpg
20160114_164805.jpg
20160115_103839.jpg
20160115_161939.jpg
20160115_162001.jpg

Got to add pipe feeds for a couple of radiators on Monday. One in WC and the other in the utility room, got to bring the pipes down from upstairs behind the stud walls. Should be fun - not!

Reply to Re-doing Dodgy Cowboy Work in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen