Search the forum,

Discuss Rated people???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tbaysaint

hi guys, happy new year when it comes lets all be busy in 2010.

i recently signed upto the website "RATEDPEOPLE" to see if i could get tiling work that way,once you get a text or email about a job it costs u between £4 and £16 plus vat to buy the lead . i tried this 4times and went out and gave my best possible quote that i could afford.all quotes were not winners and am now thinking that this is not the way to go and win work,has anybody else used this site and what are your thoughts on this. sorry if posted in wrong page:mad2:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Those types of sites often don't seem to work. Heard one story about a guy buying a lead, getting to the job, and about 5 other guys were there quoting so he left.

Though the sites like www.mybuilder.com and www.myhammer.co.uk appear to be more transparent. You quote for jobs and only pay if you WIN the work. :) Seems a lot more fair to me.

Checkout this for a list of them: Tradesmen Directories (Find a Tradesmen Type Websites) - Blogs - Contractor Forum | Construction and Redevelopment Advice for Professional Contractors and Tradesmen)

Last edited:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i used this site when i first started out,,at 1st leads were about 4 quid each which i thought was aceptable if it led to a good job,,this quickly increased as u stated to up to 16 quid just to qoute,,i did land maybe 3 jobs out of it one which led to a tonne of further work however i was spending a small fortune on this site and eventually stopped,,in the current climate i can imagine its hellish trying to land a quote on such a site mate

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Do none of the tile outlets operate lead swapping systems? I know the way my company works with the screed installers whenever we get a lead or generate a spec it is given to a number of screed installers on the basis that if they win the job we get the order. It generates a certain amount of loyalty both ways that way. They get something I get something. If they don't win it it becomes fair game for other screeders so that is where the relationship building kicks in.

C

clecktiler

I tried this website. Total and utter waste of time. The so called 'leads' are usually total garbage. Most are so vague as to be meaningless. But you have to buy the lead to find out the detail you would need to decide if you wanted to bother quoting or not!! I've raised this with RP but they are not interested. Often the 'customer' just wants a rough quote over the phone and has no intention of actually having the work done-but you only find this out after you've bought the lead. And trying to get a refund off RP for duff leads such as this is like... well just forget it and move on to the next 'Quality Lead'.....
And as for the website crashing/losing data/not working etc etc!!! Well I just despair. I'm at my wits end with their combined incompetence.
It's like banging your head against a wall. Everyone you speak to says they'll pass it on 'to IT'. Nothing ever gets fixed. No one ever calls back.
My own site on there hasn't worked for a month now and still no one has a clue what's wrong. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS SITE.
As soon as my subscription is up I'm leaving. REPEAT : DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THIS SITE

B

bugs183

I've been using this site too, and it all seems like a good idea but to be fair, the majority of folk are total timewasters, i'd be very careful how much time and money you invest into it.

Reaction score
As a general rule, the kind of people that use this kind of site are price shoppers with very little regard for quality of work, references etc etc. Its all price. There are exceptions but you'll find that anything where you pay for the lead up front BEFORE quoting let alone booking a job puts you on hiding to nothing.

Reply to Rated people???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen