Search the forum,

Discuss questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

If you had the opportunity to re write the questions for the tiling job knowledge papers what questions would you ask ?

A

Aston

my question would be along the lines of dougs prep issues,
please bring back rendering and screeding as part of a tilers trade.
that way they could do the job that so many are making a mess of...more skills, more recognition, more money and less delays!!

D

Dougs Third Go

I don't know the existing questions tbh Deano, but they need to reflect todays modern products/materials and how to use them.

T

The D

Lets say at the end of 1 year what questions would you expect a trainee tiler to be able to answer ?

D

Dougs Third Go

Lets say at the end of 1 year what questions would you expect a trainee tiler to be able to answer ?
which substrates will hold certain tiles, ie the 20kg for skim, 32kg for plasterboard etc. Levels of deflection and how to eradicate/minimise deflection.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
How to prep and tile successfully to anhydrite screed :hurray::prrr:

A

Aston

sorry deano, i'll behave myself ;0)

1. how to set out
2.how to measure up
3.weight ratios
4. the composition of ceramic & porcelain tiles
5. knowledge of all the relevant tools
4. health & safety in the work place
5. what adhesive for what situation
6. controlling background suction

theres 6 to begin with

D

Dougs Third Go

I think what should be drilled into a first year trainee, and one that should really be paramount is "how to keep your work station safe". Granted, that can be applied to any trade or vocation, but a first year trainee should be able to answer that question in his/her given trade.

Reply to questions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen