Search the forum,

Discuss Prime Plasterboard before tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I decided to strip all of the old plasterboard off the walls in my bathroom (as opposed to overboarding) and will be installing new plasterboard.

I will be tanking the shower enclosure with the Bal WP1 kit.

I will be fitting 600mm x 300mm porcelain tiles. Do I need to prime the plasterboard before tiling? If I do, can you recommend an appropriate primer?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Is there a general principal or will it be dependent on adhesive?

Whilst talking about adhesive, any recommendations. Don't want it to go off to quick, as I'm going to be really slow.

D

Dumbo

I always prime I'm yet to find something you can't prime . Look for a cement based adhesive with a classification of c2te or better still c2te s1

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks for replies. I was thinking of using Bal APD primer?

Is this a good primer and are there any particular adhesives that work well with this?

T

Time's Ran Out

From the original post if your stripping out the old plasterboard and tanking and using 600x300 porcelain, why not just replace the walls with Wedi boards and do a better job!
For a shower enclosure the extra cost cannot be much but for peace of mind it must be cost effective.
Plasterboard+primer+tanking kit v Wedi + tape.

Reply to Prime Plasterboard before tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen