Discuss pricing floor inc rip out ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Hi all ! ive got a kitchen floor to price and would like to run it by you lot to see what your quote would be. the floor is all tiled with 13 by 13 ceramics tiled on 6mm ply over a chipboard floor, seems to be no deflection, Area is 7mtrs. tiles to be re layed will be ceramics also. now my problem is knowing what to charge for taking up the old floor tiles and plywood, and would the ply come up ok or will it take the chipboard up with it ? i will be overboarding with 6mm cement board if the chipboard stays down, iam not sure what to charge incase the whole floor needs to be taken up . :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Price your prep on a day rate and make sure in your quote you give a price for both scenarios, if all goes well, the client gets a better price, if not, they don't get an unexpected extra charge.

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I do the same as Bri, all rip out jobs both floors and walls are done on a day rate plus materials and I always explain to the customer best case and worst case scenarios. (I once had a customer tell me that £50 would be a fair price to rip out his bathroom, it took me a day and a half as it all needed re boarding!!)

W

White Room

I use a crow bar to rip old floors but keep the crow bar against the joists otherwise your'll breaking thru the chipboard..

Reply to pricing floor inc rip out ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22