Search the forum,

Discuss Price check in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dilz000

Hi guys, another quote, its approx 18.5m2 walls and 2.5m2 floor, but the quote below shows more so they order the right amount of tiles, the quote is below:

* Area to be prepared suitable for tiling by customer, prior to my arival
including the removal of all bathroom appliances, radiator ect.

Floor
- Assess T&G floorboards & insure no deflection, if so; make good &
ready for tiling by sanding & screwing to joists.
- Over board with 6mm cement board. fixed with flexible adesive &
screwed @ 300mm centres.
- Tile approx. 3m2 in straight grid pattern. Tiles supplied by customer.

Walls
- Asses walls and prepare for tiling inc. removing paint where required
- To tank area around bath/ shower & prime all substrates
- To tile and grout approx. 21m2 in a straight grid pattern.
- To build & tile a bath panel with magnetic access hatch to back of taps.

Im thinking £850 supply all. and an extra 1day @ day rate (90/100£) if he wants me to remove the tiles beforehand. guy said he couldn't be bothered to do it, but might get off his arse depending on price do you think this is alright?

I

Ian

Doesn't sound too bad. That is about £40 a metre though, maybe a bit on the steep side. If that's a fair rate for your area go for it.

D

dilz000

nybor, that was what i was thinking, but then there is a lot of prep work, with 2 walls needed sanding down, over boarding, tanking and the access hatch in bath panel.

My day rate is alittle cheap, but thats because im still learning and it takes me a little longer as i sacrifice time over quality, its also not my primary source of income. I do however try to price a job fairly without undercutting ridiculously, and only quote a day rate on things that arnt really that hard to do, like remove tiles.

do you think i should drop by £100 ish? i dont want to outmprice myself as tbh id like the job as ive not done any tiling for the last month

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

nybor, that was what i was thinking, but then there is a lot of prep work, with 2 walls needed sanding down, over boarding, tanking and the access hatch in bath panel.

My day rate is alittle cheap, but thats because im still learning and it takes me a little longer as i sacrifice time over quality, its also not my primary source of income. I do however try to price a job fairly without undercutting ridiculously, and only quote a day rate on things that arnt really that hard to do, like remove tiles.

do you think i should drop by £100 ish? i dont want to outmprice myself as tbh id like the job as ive not done any tiling for the last month

The thing is, if you quote £850 someone will quote £750, if you quote £750 someone will quote £650, if you quote......................... you get the picture!!!! Put a price in that you are happy with, its a horrible feeling when you are working for a price that you feel is too cheap, it makes you want to start cutting corners. I'd rather lose a job than do it for silly money.

D

dilz000

cheers guys, im going to leave as is but there was some other bits and bobs around the house he wanted doing, finshing off in utility room where he'd run out of tiles about 1.5m2, a few rows above the utility sink, and a few tiles around a hand sink in the downstairs loo, ill just add them into the quote. would probably only take a day, so saves dropping price.

Reply to Price check in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen