Search the forum,

Discuss power tools in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

...i recently bought this from screwfix as having my old hilti te22 110v with transformer, lugging it around to drill 4" holes in walls and chipping tiles was just too much..so I decide to spend some money on a cordless..but what one..£300 plus was a bit much...in the end I bought this...24v 2 batteries and £249 on offer..it is perfect..just got the right hammer action for chipping tiles off and lifting vinyl tiles...very pleased with it..I have had them all in the past Elu..who remembers them ?...dewalt makita and now hitachi..since then ive bought 2 more hitachi cordless tools, value for money you cant beat them, well balanced, light enough to hold yet not to powerful to damage what you don't want to:yikes:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 132

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a Hitachi router and I love it!
I'm happy with your satisfaction over your new cordless SDS, I have a makita 18V but not so sure about a hard day removing tiles with it. Bring out my old 240V Bosch for that!

I

ian158

2 ah so not massive but can strip a whole bath area and more on one battery...4" hole through cavity wall takes 2 batteries...

D

Dan s

I broke my mains one once and tried the makita 18v on wall tiles on solid walls I think it was nearly getting 2sqm per battery charge :mad2: that hitachi looks tempting though Ian :thumbsup:

Reply to power tools in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen