Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

K

kenny mac

Hi all as said above I'm chipping the porcelain tiles I'm cutting.

I have just bought a Rubi ND180 and a new blade for porcelain tiles and its chipping the tiles not big chips but. My old £20 Plasplugs wet tile cutter dose perfect cuts on the same tiles. It's just not big enough to hold the tiles while cutting them.

I'm not forcing the tiles I'm letting the cutter do the work plenty of water in the tray just small chips all along the cuts.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers Kenny

S

Stef

Same & different.

image.png image.png

I

Italy

I've not used that one, it was the original pro-Gres that I had.
For the difference in performance & price I will stick to ATS blades as I'm more than happy with the cut.
yes, is equal + - progres / progres evo 2.
I understood that you used tcs that I put pictures.
I'm not selling anything.
we're just here to understand what is best for tilers.

I

Italy

Didn't mean to open a can of worms..
Progress Evo a very very good cut, ATS blade also a very good cut, this is blade Craig gave me to try, sure he said he'd got 2 delivered for £15. 6 blades for 1..
Antonio you try ATS and compare? View attachment 80923
I'm available.
beware though, ats the comparison with TCS.
because of evo2 cutting finish. not have comparisons.

I

Italy

Thanks folks I did some dry cuts on off cuts and now cutting the tiles upsides down a lot less chipping hardly noticeable

The £20 plasplugs with a general cutting blade dose fantastic cuts absolute madness

Thanks everyone the cuts are good enough I'm going to run with it

Cheers Kenny Mac
and yes. it took again Italian. lol
the mafia, pizza, spaghetti, long hands and long tongue.
jokes.
for once . I did the right thing. ahahha

S

Stef

yes, is equal + - progres / progres evo 2.
I understood that you used tcs that I put pictures.
I'm not selling anything.
we're just here to understand what is best for tilers.
I haven't used the tcs blade, I used the original pro-gres blade & that is what my comparison is against.
I still use & own the Squadro blade from Montolit & a DNA blade in my Dewalt.

I

Italy

the thing that annoy. that here are tilers who speak, speak, speak.
and get upset if one reason to ask their claims.
but since I'm curious, I tried then talk. (I have done so. Sorry)
My luck is that I do not understand everything that is said. of tf.ahah

I will not say what's best. ( I do not want to create problems).
I say only that a blade made just one cut. then sparks and no cut.

other blade made 10 cuts and finished work. (No problems) and without wet sponge.

a used blade 40 seconds to 40cm 20mm thickness cut.

the blade made one cut, took 1 minute and 10 seconds.
2 new blades were both.

Now, those who use blue blade. buy red blade, do tests.
those who use red blade. buy blue blade and do tests.
I can also make mistakes. ye maybe more precisely than me.but the difference is huge ;)

Reply to Porcelain Tiles Chipping in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.